• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wasting Telemarketer Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gwam

I'm curious if what i've been doing is legal or not. Im Canadian, so the US do-not-call site wont be of any help to me.

I get harassed several times per day by telemarketers. I rush to the phone thinking it is important, only to be offered air duct cleaning. When i first got my own place, i was polite to them, saying 'sorry, im not interested'. After many months i noticed they arnt going to give up. I told them to never call me again, i've tried the infamous "Remove me from your lists" lines, and then I started simply hanging up on them. Its been years and they still call offering to clean out my air ducts and replace my brand new windows.

So this week, i've decided to begin wasting their time. I simply tell them im interested and would like an estimate, and make an appointment. I started doing this on Tuesday, it is now friday and i already have 6 appointments coming up this weekend / next week for various things like air duct cleaning, windows, shingles, pool cleaning, and a few others.

I have been very careful not to agree to pay for their estimates etc.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The OP has enough time to go through SIX appointments, but not enough time to take 20 seconds on a phone call.

Wow.

And that goes for the US *OR* Canada!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">