• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in possesion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cr420

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan East Lansing

last night i came home drunk. it all happened while i was at a soccer drop out we were playing soccer and i got really tired and some random guy offered me to drink some Gatorade i think he mixed and put some alcohol . and it was towards the end of the game so when i got home my parents called the emergency and then the police asked me to blew into that alcohol thing and i got a Misdemeanor ticket but im not guilty i never wanted somebody gived me that bottle with the mix so what am i facing what kind of charges and i dont want this to be in my backround ... btw im 20 years old and i live in Michigan... and my first offense

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan East Lansing

last night i came home drunk. it all happened while i was at a soccer drop out we were playing soccer and i got really tired and some random guy offered me to drink some Gatorade i think he mixed and put some alcohol . and it was towards the end of the game so when i got home my parents called the emergency and then the police asked me to blew into that alcohol thing and i got a Misdemeanor ticket but im not guilty i never wanted somebody gived me that bottle with the mix so what am i facing what kind of charges and i dont want this to be in my backround ... btw im 20 years old and i live in Michigan... and my first offense
Your 20 years old, and you couldn't tell, that wasn't just Gatorade? AND your parents are calling the police on you? are you developmentally challenged?

Another clue would be, everyone knows not to take things from strangers.

cr420

im not developmentally challenged. and my parents called the emergency not the cops FYI. she thought i was gonna blackout or something. i asked you for helping me out not for calling me a mental person. i was too tired and how would i suppose to know he putted alcohol in there because i never drink alcohol in my life before. so please help me out give me some advise what should i do ?

Banned_Princess

im not developmentally challenged. and my parents called the emergency not the cops FYI. she thought i was gonna blackout or something. i asked you for helping me out not for calling me a mental person. i was too tired and how would i suppose to know he putted alcohol in there because i never drink alcohol in my life before. so please help me out give me some advise what should i do ?
Answer the ticket in the fashion it indicates, and there will be a fine to pay.

If you are called to court on the ticket, then get a lawyer, so you can get the minimum punishment.

Banned_Princess

And at 20 years old, I dont believe for one second that you didnt know the gatoraid was spiked... or that you didnt know you shouldnt take things from strangers. especially opened containers.

cr420

and what should i do to take that out of my backround because its a misdemeanor in Michigan. and since its my first offense im gonna be put in probation. and how much would the fine be.
Thank You.

Antigone*

and what should i do to take that out of my backround because its a misdemeanor in Michigan. and since its my first offense im gonna be put in probation. and how much would the fine be.
Thank You.
I think you should go back to school because your writing skills are atrocious. In fact, I would not worry about what your background check will look like. Since your writing skills teeter on that of a fifth grader, your job prospects will be in the realm of an unskilled labor pool.

cr420

umm ok??? so i have to write everything out in order to get my answers? and FYI i wasn't born here but i am a citizen of USA. and im 100% sure you got my whole point but you just don't want to answer me because my"WRITING SKILLS ITS LIKE A 5TH GRADER" and what you mean i dont have to worry about my background im attending school and i don't want anything in my background when i apply for a job. so if you don want to answer my question you don't have to tell me about my"WRITING SKILLS" if i needed help with that i would of ask about it.

Banned_Princess

umm ok??? so i have to write everything out in order to get my answers?
No, but it would be nice, if you are claiming to be 20, that you would be able to form a certain level of legability.

and FYI i wasn't born here but i am a citizen of USA.
I guess that answers the why did your parents call the police on you for comming home drunk. but that does not explain why you had no idea there was alcohol in the drink you took from a stranger.

and im 100% sure you got my whole point but you just don't want to answer me because my"WRITING SKILLS ITS LIKE A 5TH GRADER"
I did answer you. and I deduced from your writing, and from the problem, that you must be developmentaly challanged, or 12. Thats how YOU came across.

and what you mean i dont have to worry about my background im attending school and i don't want anything in my background when i apply for a job.
Then have your parents get you a lawyer. because it was them who called the law in, I guess they have never had any alcohol either, probably because you are of a Muslim family, and your parents were horrified when you came home drunk.

Again, a deduction I came to from your posts.

so if you don want to answer my question you don't have to tell me about my"WRITING SKILLS" if i needed help with that i would of ask about it.
Its just the truth.

cr420

yes true my parents they don't drink but my dad use to drink few years ago but not anymore. do i need to get a lawyer because i didn't drink on my own and it isnt my fault but im sure the judge wont buy that. you think i can get into diversion program?

Banned_Princess

yes true my parents they don't drink but my dad use to drink few years ago but not anymore. do i need to get a lawyer because i didn't drink on my own and it isnt my fault but im sure the judge wont buy that. you think i can get into diversion program?
I am sorry, but we are just an internet forum.

contact some lawyers in your area. free consultations will provide you with some insight. I live in NY I have no idea what your court will do to you.

And it is your fault. you absolutely drank it on your own, when you took the bottle from a stranger and drank it.

dmcc10880

Not to dog pile here, but for you to nearly blackout from drinking Gatorade with alcohol in it, there had to be A LOT of alcohol and detectable on your first sip.

Do what the citation requires and if you're really concerned, consult with an attorney.

You Are Guilty

No, but it would be nice, if you are claiming to be 20, that you would be able to form a certain level of [highlight]legability[/highlight].
I guess that answers the why did your parents call the police on you for [highlight]comming[/highlight] home drunk. but that does not explain why you had no idea there was alcohol in the drink you took from a stranger.
I did answer you. and I deduced from your writing, and from the problem, that you must be [highlight]developmentaly challanged[/highlight], or 12. Thats how YOU came across.
Back in the days before Al Gore invented the internet, there was a saying about a pot and a kettle...

Banned_Princess

Back in the days before Al Gore invented the internet, there was a saying about a pot and a kettle...
not my fault if the keys don't type what i want them to, then spell check ok's it.

What am I a dictionary? no I am not. not perfect either... but definitely close enough. I can forget to spell check sometimes, that is O.K

(i use this sites spell check, so take it up with IESPELL. )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">