• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

With holding lab results

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Steve Machete

Pennsylvania

I had gotten a dui in 07 but never fully paid off my lawyer. I need the blood results to prove there was no drugs in my system to show the apartment office so I can add my name to the lease. Do I have any rights to seeing my lab results if I still owe the lawyer money?

davidmcbeth3

Yes, they are separate issues. Other sources of the information may be: the court record ; the laboratory itself will keep copies.

sandyclaus

Pennsylvania

I had gotten a dui in 07 but never fully paid off my lawyer. I need the blood results to prove there was no drugs in my system to show the apartment office so I can add my name to the lease. Do I have any rights to seeing my lab results if I still owe the lawyer money?
Sure, you have the right to see the lab results. But just because the lawyer has a copy of them doesn't obligate them to furnish you with it.

You have two options: pay your lawyer what you owe and obtain the copy from their files, or get a copy of the lab results from someone/somewhere else where they will have them available to you (court records, the lab itself).

justalayman

the information is not the property of the OP. In fact, it isn't even "property" in the sense suggested. It is information and if it was obtained by the attorney (which it most likely was), unless the OP pays the attorney for services rendered, the attorney can withhold the case files, which the results of the BAC test would be part of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">