• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lesliell

Hi, My name is Leslie and I feel that I was unethically terminated,discriminated against,harassed and not paid for any overtime. And all this is sappose to be acceptable business practice being that its a family business right???is it right for an employer to say " I expect more out of you because your family " or do you have to be equal with all employees?? can you be fired if you were never even warned,spoken to about,nothing documented,like you didn't even know that there was a problem?? can it be one way for one employee but a different way for another. is it illegal to have people working for you but not be on the payroll so they don't have to pay OSHA(without being independent contracted)is it legal to have two jobs in one business 8 hrs in one title and numerous hrs in another within a 24 hr period ?? with NO OVERTIME$$ because they are separate titles? maybe that's it maybe they were afraid that they would be caught. I was offered a secure job in the family business that just started in July of 2000, at which time I was not looking for work. My husband and I were/are merchandisers and last year we made just under 60,000.00 doing part time work of course I didn't give it all up until I was on there job for about 8 months its almost as if they were just waiting for me to do just that quit all other jobs so they can then fire me ( for what I keep asking myself )
Is this cruel or what I just cant figure this out. I really need some help or advise and there is soo much more to tell about this please call me (209)549-1324
[email protected]
thank you for reading this hope to here from someone soon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">