• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

siamese

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? In arkansas what is the statute of limitations on delivery of meth..2 counts ? anybody know??????:confused:someone told me there is not a statute of limitations on class y felonies...when does it start????:(:(

Banned_Princess

Meth is a dangerous drug, it ruins lives and kills souls. thank you for spreading the misery.

I doubt the statute of limitations is going to get you out of it unless you are talking like 20 years ago. I don't think there was too much meth then.

Banned_Princess

Class Y felony's in Arkansas look like the highest felony letter, carrying mandatory ten to life sentences. Sharing the offenses with rape, and gang activity murder and arson.

I suggest anyone facing it not consult the internet, but an actual, expensive and well known lawyer that practices in your area.

Immedeately.

Banned_Princess

Print
Statute: §§ 5-1-109
Summary: The following sets forth a description of a particular crime or infraction, followed by the time period following such crime within which a legal action can be initiated. If action is not taken within the stated period below, the victim may potentially lose its right to press charges and the state may no longer be entitled to prosecute:

Felonies:

•Murder: N/A
•Rape: 15 years
Class Y and A felonies: 6 years
•Class B, C, D, or unclassified felonies: 3 years
•If offense involves fraud or breach of fiduciary duty: 1 year
•Felonious conduct in public office: 5 years with maximum extension to 10 years
•If offense is against minor and limitation period has not expired since victim turned 18, statutory period for offense starts at age of majority

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/criminal-case-statute-of-limitations/AR-felonies-misdemeanors.htm

took all of three seconds on google. to find all of that

Please note the use of the word initiated. as in, if they start before six years, but it keeps going on, they can still prosecute when they can. (they have been trying to...)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">