• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is unauthorized published photography legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarasmith

Is there a constitutional privelage that allows anyone to take a picture of you unauthorized and publish it in a magazine or website? I thought there had to be a disclosure or something. My university took a photo of me at an event approximatly four years ago while sitting at a table looking down obviously unaware of the photograph and I later found it online in an article. I believe that I have the right to privacy and feel this is a violation of it, I strictly stay away from anything that might get my personal information online for everyone, including pictures and social networking sites. The editor said that they are entitled to do that by a constitutional amendment. This photo was with someone else and it has caused me great difficulties and even marital problems. What if it was against our religion to take photos?Could you advise me as to what right I have to pursue legal action to force the editor to remove this photo?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">