• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me I need answers very bad. Guilty Plea. I have two days!! to find out!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MSTRKRFTmaster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Virginia. Will I be drug tested that day in court or the next day at a deferent facility or whenever they decide and what is the most common procedure?
I have been charged with possession of marijuana. It is my first time but I had eleven grams in three bags I had just bought for me and my two friends so it is not a first offense charge.(If anyone can explain that I would be very grateful but not my question) The prosecutor has offered me(what my lawyer has told me) a plea bargain of 30 days suspended jail, A $100 fine, 6 months restricted license, and possibly random drug screening plus ASAP or some substance abuse program and 24 hours community service. Will I be drug tested that day in court or the next day at a deferent facility or whenever they decide and what is the most common procedure? I believe I was slipped a drug (I'm not sure what) at a party I was at this past Saturday night and am scared it will land me in jail is there anything I can do to improve my situation?

FlyingRon

Not at court, but you'll meet with a probation officer within a few days and he will give you a cup on the spot to pee in and may do so on subsequent visits at his discretion.

I'll give you a hint. NOW IS THE TIME TO GIVE UP DRUGS at least until your probation time is over. If they find you're still using drugs after your sentencing, they'll seriously consider "unsuspending" that sentence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">