• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of meth and marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimiefrank

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I have a fifteen yearold that was charged with possesion of meth and possession of marijuana. People have told me to have her plead as first offender. Does anyone know what would be best?:confused:

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I have a fifteen yearold that was charged with possesion of meth and possession of marijuana. People have told me to have her plead as first offender. Does anyone know what would be best?:confused:
It would be best for her to have the advice of legal counsel.

But, she is likely to get a free pass if she accepts Prop 36 or another diversion program. If she does, she will likely face probation for two or more years (including search conditions), drug counseling, drug testing, fines, and community service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">