• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RICO Conduct Appeal Mishandled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RonGlick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

I filed two actions in the US District Court, District of Montana, Missoula Division (RICO complaint & habeas). In process of the RICO action, I moved to name the federal and magistrate judges to the suit as Does 1 and 2 for protecting entrenched corruption in Montana state government, which the federal judge himself denied (conflict of interest). Upon appeal, Ninth Circuit Court joined the two appeals, then denied them both because the RICO action (not habeas) was filed outside the thirty day appeal process. However, because federal judges were named, I should have had 60 days to appeal that decision. Upon Motion for Reconsideration, the court determined that the record did not reflect naming the two judges. Now I cannot appeal either the RICO *or* habeas (which *was* filed within 30 days). What are my options besides going to the US Supreme Court, where this issue is likely to be ignored?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">