• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nursing Home Admission - Mobile Home Ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gpmedsec

Pennsylvania:

Nursing Home Admission - Mobile Home Ownership?
My mother will shortly being going to a nursing home. She owns a mobile home in a mobile home park that has no value. Once she is admitted to the nursing home she will not be paying the lot rent. My brother (an adiult) has been living with her for the past seven years but will be moving out before she goes to the nursing home. His name is not on any of the utilties, lease or the mobile home.

Is there any way the mobile home park could hold my brother responsible for the lot rent at the park once she is no longer able to pay? Again, he is not listed on any of the utilities, lease or the title to the mobile home.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

GailWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

There's a chance a judge would consider your brother to be responsible, even if he's not on the lot rental agreement, especially if the agreement is currently a month-to-month agreement. He has been living there a very extended period of time.

You should ask the part if they're willing to accept the home as payment for the remainder of the lease, if there is one, or to over any fees she won't be paying. If the home is in good shape, they might jump at the chance to make additional money on top of the lot rent by renting the home AND lot to someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">