• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia 3-Day Cancellation period

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dan McGeown

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Does GA have a 3 day right of cancellation after the purchase of a medical CT scan in the imaging centers office. Am I liable for the check I gave them and stopped payment.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

I am aware of no such law. Does the contract or purchase agreement you signed allow you to cancel?

You can get in a lot of hot water for stopping payment on a check just because you changed your mind. That is almost never a valid reason for stopping payment. Don't be shocked if the police come knocking.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Does GA have a 3 day right of cancellation after the purchase of a medical CT scan in the imaging centers office. Am I liable for the check I gave them and stopped payment.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You are not talking about a small purchase. This can be very problematic for you. Has the check bounced yet? Why don't you want the machine you purchased?

"the purchase of a medical CT scan in the imaging centers office"

The OP didn't buy a physical piece of equipment that can be given back upon having a change of mind. The OP bought a service, a scan, time for a service that can not be given back.

The service has been rendered. The OP is on the hook for the cost of services provided. The OP is, as already stated, as legal risk for stopping a check without valid grounds to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">