• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Alcohol Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hk99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was at a party at an apartment owned by someone who is 21. The cops came, and questioned myself and a friend. We are both 19. When the cops showed up, we weren't holding any alcohol. Also, we weren't breathalyzed. The cops only asked us if we drank, and fearing a breathalyzer test we both said yes. We have a hearing on monday, and I was just wondering if it would be possible to plea not guilty because there is no hard evidence. I'm not sure though. Please help!

hk99

It's a confession? Ok, I was under the impression that a confession is a signed document.

It's a confession?
Yup.

The officer asked if you committed a crime. You responded affirmatively. That's a confession. He will attest to it under oath at trial.

This is why you should never talk to the police without your attorney present.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">