• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wondering how I can appeal an ECB ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misterknuckles

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I'm the superintendent of two apartment complexes. My dad is the owner and I basically take care of the places for him. While he was on vacation, he received two ECB fines. (One fine for each house.) One of the houses lies on a busy block. A lot of people walk through there to get to work and they litter. (There are also a lot of fast food places and people who grab a quick bite also litter.) The other house isn't on a busy block but was still fined for "some napkins and bags behind the gate." I take responsibility but it was windy that day and the first thing I do in the morning is sweep that dirty sidewalk. That morning while I was sweeping it, there was very little garbage. When I came back, there was a ticket on my door. Apparently I didn't see it on my way out.

After doing some research, do you think they'll let one of the tickets slide if I say my dad is the owner of two of the buildings. This was a first time offense. The violation was not personally given to me. Both were just taped onto the apartment building door. I've also heard that if an affidavit of service was not sent to the ECB, I don't have to pay the fine. Do I have a shot of winning?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">