• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complicity to Manufacture Meth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsb1961

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KentuckyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

bsb1961

My son was arrested for complicity to manufacture meth. He was with a friend and was found with a box of pills he had bought from a walmart. They were both put on a 75000.00 bond. His friend with paid attorney got his bond reduced to 7500.00 and is out after posting 750.00 cash bond (10%). My son with public defender is still under 75000.00. He has had 3 court appearances - 2 without an attorney. On 3rd time was asked if he wanted an attorney and he told the judge that he was given one on prior appearance but did not know who it was as he had not been provided with that information and no one had contacted him in jail. Judge looked at file and stated public defenders name and a woman sitting close to my son handed him a business card before they took him back. Still has not talked with him or advised him. He only gets two calls a week for attorney calls in jail and every time he calls he gets an answer machine. I live out of town and am unable to go there and try to help him due to my job committments.

Antigone*

My son was arrested for complicity to manufacture meth. He was with a friend and was found with a box of pills he had bought from a walmart. They were both put on a 75000.00 bond. His friend with paid attorney got his bond reduced to 7500.00 and is out after posting 750.00 cash bond (10%). My son with public defender is still under 75000.00. He has had 3 court appearances - 2 without an attorney. On 3rd time was asked if he wanted an attorney and he told the judge that he was given one on prior appearance but did not know who it was as he had not been provided with that information and no one had contacted him in jail. Judge looked at file and stated public defenders name and a woman sitting close to my son handed him a business card before they took him back. Still has not talked with him or advised him. He only gets two calls a week for attorney calls in jail and every time he calls he gets an answer machine. I live out of town and am unable to go there and try to help him due to my job committments.

What is your question or are you just venting?

FlyingRon

He should assert his right to have his attorney present at each appearance. If the attorney isn't there, he should not allow things to go on. If the attorney misses more appearances he should ask the judge to find one that will actually show up.

Your son is in a world of trouble. He's charged with a felony and if they can indeed show he was illegally procuring pseudoephederine in order to make meth, he's going to be convicted and prison is a likely outcome.

Fickey

There has to be more to the story than getting caught with a box of pills if he was charged. In Kentucky, one would have to be caught in a manner in which they were exceeding the maximum amount of pseudoephedrine meds that can be legally purchased or possessed in a given time frame, and/or, if they were in possession of pills along with other precursors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">