• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of 24 Pill of Extacy (Texas) (Helllllpppp Pleaseeee)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vinhtruongq

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

My question involves criminal law for the state of:

hey i got a question my nephew been caught recently with 24 pill of Extacy (charge possession of substance or something like that )and now he current in denton, texas , (county jail). and he current is 18 year , first offense/arrest since 18 but got in couple trouble before that already.i had some question

1. i ask my friend and they told me to ask for 12.44 A which drop a first offense felony to misd. class a , will you think 12.44a work since it his first time which

2. If 12.44A dont work what other subjection is recommend.

3. also i heard if i bail bond him out rite now that a automatic felony charge right or should i let him stay in there till trial date.

4. if he is charge how long will he face time in prison

please give me some advise

Last edited:

Antigone*

hey i got a question my nephew been caught recently with 24 pill of Extacy (charge possession of substance or something like that )and now he current in denton, texas. and he current is 18 year , first offense/arrest since 18 but got in couple trouble before that already.i had some question

1. i ask my friend and they told me to ask for 12.44 A which drop a first offense felony to misd. class a , will you think 12.44a work since it his first time which

3. also i heard if i bail bond him out rite now that a automatic felony charge right or should i let him stay in there till trial date.

24 pills is a lot to be caught with. You really need to get him an attorney.

CavemanLawyer

12.44a is misdemeanor PUNISHMENT (meaning you get county jail time as opposed to prison time) but it is still a felony conviction. 12.44b would result in an actual misdemeanor conviction, but many DA's offices will not offer that even to a first time offender.

Its really not your choice or even your place to give advice. Let him and his attorney decide the course of action to take. Bonding him out should not have any effect on the offer.

dave33

hey i got a question my nephew been caught recently with 24 pill of Extacy (charge possession of substance or something like that )and now he current in denton, texas , (county jail). and he current is 18 year , first offense/arrest since 18 but got in couple trouble before that already.i had some question

Not sure about Texas but in a lot of states felony poss. of xtc cannot be reduced because xtc is a felony regardless.

If you have the means for bail than go ahead and bail away.
Unless of course you think it will do more harm. I have never heard
posting bail has an effect on the criminal level. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">