• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charges of possesion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blake1919

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?TX

Arrested and charged with minor in possesion of alcohol and public intoxication with no sobriety test or breathalizer. Two hours later release and the alcohol was still in the bed of my truck. I decided to pead not guilty. What are my chances if they do not have the alcohol to submit as exhibit to the court? And to test to prove intoxication?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?TX

Arrested and charged with minor in possesion of alcohol and public intoxication with no sobriety test or breathalizer. Two hours later release and the alcohol was still in the bed of my truck. I decided to pead not guilty. What are my chances if they do not have the alcohol to submit as exhibit to the court? And to test to prove intoxication?
They don't need the alcohol or the test. An officer's testimony is plenty.

dmcc10880

Blake, Blake, Blake... c'mon, let me spell it out for you and what AOG posted was absolutely correct. Their word against yours. Who do you think has more credibility, or to perhaps put it in language you might understand, who do you think the judge is going to believe?

Do you really think you're the first one the cops arrested for MIP. Let's focus on the "P". Possession. Beer cans in YOUR truck = POSSESSION.

Now to the "P" as in public. You were obviously on public property. Likely the beach. Duh?

Finally, the "I" for intoxication. Police testimony, "I witnessed the suspect with a case of beer in the suspect's vehicle. It was a 24 pack, 18 were consumed. Upon observing the suspect, I could detect an odor of alcohol. His eyes were glassy and bloodshot...."

Shall I keep going? So, go ahead and PLEAD not guilty. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">