• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Loan Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roteight

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this, i will try to keep it short but complete.

I purchased a car from a dealer on 4/6/08 and applied for a loan through them to finance the car. The original deal was 12% interest (my first car purchase) and i signed and left with the car. A few days later i got a call from the dealer telling me that the loan did not go through and that my interest rate would be higher. I went out to the dealership and the new interest rate was 15%. I reluctantly signed the contract and left with the car. Now i am worried that i was a victim of the yoyo scam. Basically they jacked the interest rate up on me to make more money out of me without reason. I tried to check and see if they even made an application for credit prior to the actual purchase, but inquiries on credit reports only show up for 2 years. I also tried to get information from the dealer, but they say they do not have the original contract anymore. Is there anything i can do or have i waited too long?

thanks again.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this, i will try to keep it short but complete.

I purchased a car from a dealer on 4/6/08 and applied for a loan through them to finance the car. The original deal was 12% interest (my first car purchase) and i signed and left with the car. A few days later i got a call from the dealer telling me that the loan did not go through and that my interest rate would be higher. I went out to the dealership and the new interest rate was 15%. I reluctantly signed the contract and left with the car. Now i am worried that i was a victim of the yoyo scam. Basically they jacked the interest rate up on me to make more money out of me without reason. I tried to check and see if they even made an application for credit prior to the actual purchase, but inquiries on credit reports only show up for 2 years. I also tried to get information from the dealer, but they say they do not have the original contract anymore. Is there anything i can do or have i waited too long?

thanks again.

You waited way too long.:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">