• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invisalign Clear Braces Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kochu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I have a question regarding the standard Invisalign Clear Braces contract. I took my son to the Dentist and we agreed upon the Invisalign clear braces and I then made the payment while they were taking some impressions of his teeth. About one half hour after payment they bring me an Invisalign contract that says HIPAA is waived and Invisalign can use images from my sons dental work. I didn't sign and they asked me to bring it back signed at his next visit. Can I just cross out the sections of the contract that I don't agree with and initial? Can this be legal (especially for a minor)? Can you provide a recommendation for continuing forward? TIA

dmcc10880

Sure, you can cross out sections that you do not agree with and they can refuse to accept it.

The images they would likely use would merely be before and after photos of the mouth only, not full facial.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I have a question regarding the standard Invisalign Clear Braces contract. I took my son to the Dentist and we agreed upon the Invisalign clear braces and I then made the payment while they were taking some impressions of his teeth. About one half hour after payment they bring me an Invisalign contract that says HIPAA is waived and Invisalign can use images from my sons dental work. I didn't sign and they asked me to bring it back signed at his next visit. Can I just cross out the sections of the contract that I don't agree with and initial? Can this be legal (especially for a minor)? Can you provide a recommendation for continuing forward? TIA
You probably could, but it would probably better to get an attorney's opinion on just what this 2nd contract says. Does it allow for them to use before/after images of your son's teeth for advertising/demonstration purposes? What is the point of the 2nd contract? Why would it say that HIPAA is waived and what is the reason? You may not choose to sign the contract at all, depending on what the long-term effect of the contract actually means.

xylene

I didn't sign and they asked me to bring it back signed at his next visit.
Don't sign it.

A medical provider can't insist by contract that you waive HIPPA and participate in advertising to receive ongoing treatment.

That is why medical privacy is a right and not a suggestion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">