• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truck warranty misprepresentation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tseiler

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OKlahoma

I bought a truck (my BF picked it out etc..) The truck had hi miles on it but it had a rebuilt jasper motor with a 1 year warranty so the miles didnt worry him too much, AFter 1 month the transmission went out. We took it to the guy we bought it from he paid the parts we paid the labor and it was done. Should mention it was an 8 hour drive to take it back to him. One month later we were pulling the trailer from Iowa to Ok moving and the truck broke down. Took it to the shop who is a jasper dealer. He said that the shop who put the motor in didnt put the pistons in right and that in turn caused damage to the motor that cannot be fixed. Said it is an issue of workmanship. But that the motor warranty wont cover because the shop didnt use new parts like injectors etc... So basicly the guy sold us a truck based on the fact that he put used parts in a new motor and what his shop did caused the break down. I think this is mis representation and he should buy the truck back from me or put a new motor in the truck. besides that I have been unable to transfer title on this truck because he has it all mucked up. He said mail him the title he will transfer it. I am hesitant to send him the title though I do have a bill of sale. Im also leery because he wants it in my name so bad it makes me think there is some catch that makes him more likely to have to rectify this because the title isnt in order. I am getting ready to call a lawyer but just wondered what everyont thinks or if you have had similar situations or what. Meanwhile I havent had my truck fro almost 2 months, A new motor will cost $7000 I paid $13500 for the truck and now its basicly worth nothing. Im making payments on a truck I dont have that is worth nothing and now my other truck is breaking down and I dont have the new truck to drive and cant get the money to fix my old truck because of pending repairs on this truck etc..... grrr.....

swalsh411

The truck was purchased as-is. The warrenty issue is between you and Jasper not between you and the seller.

You should have had the vehicle inspected prior to purchase.

Enjoy your new truck.

justalayman

He said that the shop who put the motor in didnt put the pistons in right
Huh? If it was a Jasper motor, Jasper put the pistons in. That would mean the shop that installed the motor would not be responsible for the improper installation of the pistons.

I have never seen a requirement for using new injectors. You need to get a written copy of the warranty from Jasper and read it for yourself.

to the title: are you saying it is not in your name? You say you have physical possession of the title. Have you ever sent it into the state so it can be recorded in your name?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">