• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emgedd985

I live in oregon my ? is what type of reference can a formor employer give on an formor employee.andI am going to court for slander and defermation of carectror.small claims.I have been looking for work and my formor employee gave bad references on me please help me.. thank you

JETX

First, cases of defamation are usually outside the allowed scope of Small Claims courts. They are mainly 'money' courts where individuals (and in some cases, corporations) can have their simple cases heard by a nuetral 3rd party and obtain a legally binding judgment.

Second, defamation is a very hard issue to litigate and, as such, is not normally within the ability of most laypersons (non-attorneys).

Finally, you would have to prove what the former employee is saying, and how it has damaged you. Also, you need to know that if what is being said is true, it is not defamation.

If you still want to consider legal action, you should talk with an attorney familiar with your states laws.

L

Lisa6660

suggestion

Have you ever heard of Employee Cooperative Inc., the company that protects the employee, such as in your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">