• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Entering into contract simply by paying the bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlimaye

Is it possible for a service company to establish a contract without explicitly obtaining my consent? 6 months back, my garbage collection company quietly added a 12 month contract notice to the back of the bill, without asking for my written approval. I have been using this company for 2 years completely at will (No contract). Contract calls for 6 months damages, if I cancel without 6 month notice.
Don't they need to show some proof that I agreed to such notice? By Paying the bill, did I agree to this condition without knowing? Any guidance will be much appreciated.
They sent me a notice demanding $110 dollars for breach of contract. Is it worth fighting for.

State: Georgia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">