• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job Walk Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeK1980

What is the name of your state (fl)? I hire someone to do some landscaping work and I pay full up front cash.Well the guy did half the job and walk off and now I can't reach him via phone or email.What can I do? We didn't have a written contract just a verbal.

BL

What is the name of your state (fl)? I hire someone to do some landscaping work and I pay full up front cash.Well the guy did half the job and walk off and now I can't reach him via phone or email.What can I do? We didn't have a written contract just a verbal.
Do you know the person's name ?

Where he lives ?

Does the phone ring or has it been disconnected ?

Check with local PD , OAG, BBB to see if they have similar complaints in your neighborhood .

mikeK1980

Do you know the person's name ?

Where he lives ?

Does the phone ring or has it been disconnected ?

Check with local PD , OAG, BBB to see if they have similar complaints in your neighborhood .
Yes I know his name and business name,no I don't know where he lives.Phone rings but no answer.I check with BBB and his company name wasn't found.Not sure what you mean by OAG?

BL

Yes I know his name and business name,no I don't know where he lives.Phone rings but no answer.I check with BBB and his company name wasn't found.Not sure what you mean by OAG?
Your local Office Of Attorney General . Check with them also to see if the business is suppose to be licensed regarding making written contracts for work .

Often , if they see a pattern of complaints they may get involved .

Sometimes if the local media gets wind of a pattern they will do an investigation report also .

Does this person have a business address ?

mikeK1980

Your local Office Of Attorney General . Check with them also to see if the business is suppose to be licensed regarding making written contracts for work .

Often , if they see a pattern of complaints they may get involved .

Sometimes if the local media gets wind of a pattern they will do an investigation report also .

Does this person have a business address ?
No only got his business card and states his city.Work he done wasn't anything that required a business licence or anything like that,it was only removal of few piles of yard waste and taking it to the landfill.He did about 80% of the job I had about 2-3 truck loads of yard waste and what I mean by truck load a reg.pick up truck can do not a commercial truck.He took 2 loads and never came back for the third.After reviewing my local county landfill web site,it seems I only paid him enough for 2 trucks loads?Maybe why he didn't come back?But in any case he agree to take everything.Then again I should learn never pay full up front for service until its done.He did refuse to take the full amount till he was done but I had to leave the job site and I pay him in full.So maybe he knew he wasn't going to have enough cash to pay the landfill fees?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">