• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance / payment issue with moving company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Greg I

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY
I hire local movers to pack the truck and unload the moving truck. Three items were damaged. I asked for insurance information which they said they would need to get from the office, they were unable to reach the office and at the end of the move they wanted full payment. I said I could not pay until I recieved the insurance information. I recieved a call the following day and the gentleman state that I had committed a felony by not paying and is threatening legal action if I do not pay today and he is refusing to give me the insurance information until he recieves payment. Am I breaking the law by withholding payment? Should I pay without having this insurance information? What are my legal options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">