• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tricked into signing power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nk97205

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
I sold my car and I didn't read carefully what i was signing. Now that I've gone over everything I found out I signed a power of attorney for a motor vehicle. He signed a bill of sale saying he would pay off the loan amount. Is there anything I can do now?

FlyingRon

Was this a dealer?
Were there limitations on the Power Of Attorney?
It's common to have one to allow the dealer to deal with registration and finance issues so they don't need to keep coming back for your signature.
You can always revoke it.

nk97205

Was this a dealer?
Were there limitations on the Power Of Attorney?
It's common to have one to allow the dealer to deal with registration and finance issues so they don't need to keep coming back for your signature.
You can always revoke it.
Yes, he claims to be a dealer. I checked him out online and he sells cars on craigslist. As for limitations on the Power of Attorney, I'm not sure what that means. It states that I'm giving power of attorney for title held by security interest or lost or stolen title. It has been two weeks and he claims he sent the check to weeks ago. The bank hasn't seen a check yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">