• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentence of 30 days for Probation Violation while being 5 months pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beastie2056

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My gf was sentenced to 30 days for probation violations. She has been through 3 different probation officers and 2 court appointed attorneys. This whole experience has been very stressful to her. On top of all that, she is 5 months pregnant.

My main concern is the health of the baby. Would the jail be obligated to provide prenatal vitamins? She was incarcerated on 4/14. On 4/18 it was established she really was pregnant. Her diet was adjusted. But no vitamins or anti-nausea medicine. What should I expect. Can I purchase these items and get them to her?

Also, Is she bondable? Would the Judge or Probation Officer make that possible?

The Occultist

Hrm, I seem to recall that there was a time when "prenatal vitmains" simply didn't exist. Sorry, but your non-law-abiding girlfriend is not entitled to anything.

Anti-nausea medicine? Yeah, that definitely sounds like a luxury.

If being pregnant granted some sort of special treatment to those incarcerated, my guess is that there would be a LOT of children born to prison guards. All of these concerns should have been thought out PRIOR to not only the first crime committed, but also the subsequent crime commited during the probation from the first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">