• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closed my Construction Co.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davitg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rhode Island

What are my obligations? I no longer have insurance. I am 3/4 of the way into a deck. The owner does not owe me money until the next step, which is the railings. I do not owe her any money either. I do not want to get into trouble for working without insurance.

TIA

Dave G

justalayman

so, it would appear you need to cease any work and speak with the customer about how to finish your contract. If you are a good person, you might want to find somebody that can finish the work at the price you bid. If you don't, the customer would likely have a suit against you demanding performance. Since you cannot legally comply, the next alternative would be for the customer to source a contractor to complete the work and sue you for any amount above what you have contracted for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">