• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Breach of Contract - Can I be sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leero788

Hi,

I entered into a contract about a month ago for a 12-month agreement. And was to pay $3,500 a month for some internet related advertisement across a network of sites. This has been a bad investment and will not nearly generate anywhere close to the amount of will cost me. The company I paid & am still paying has changed things around alot which cause this to fail - although they are in perfect right to due so within the contract.

All they have is my signature and a date on a contract, no SSN, drivers license numbers, etc. I did however pay them through my personal PayPal Account. The company / contract is also based out of "Vanuatu" - Although all of their work and everything is head quartered in the United States.

Basically my question is, if I just stop paying them would they actually be able to sue me? Due to 1) The international contract & possibly not having jurisdiction for me in the United States? and 2) Because I could just deny that I have ever signed the contract as I have never met them, they don't have personal information, etc.

I live in New Jersey, USA.

Hot Topic

Hi,

I entered into a contract about a month ago for a 12-month agreement. And was to pay $3,500 a month for some internet related advertisement across a network of sites. This has been a bad investment and will not nearly generate anywhere close to the amount of will cost me. The company I paid & am still paying has changed things around alot which cause this to fail - although they are in perfect right to due so within the contract.

All they have is my signature and a date on a contract, no SSN, drivers license numbers, etc. I did however pay them through my personal PayPal Account. The company / contract is also based out of "Vanuatu" - Although all of their work and everything is head quartered in the United States.

Basically my question is, if I just stop paying them would they actually be able to sue me? Due to 1) The international contract & possibly not having jurisdiction for me in the United States? and 2) Because I could just deny that I have ever signed the contract as I have never met them, they don't have personal information, etc.

I live in New Jersey, USA.

I hope that no one here will attempt to help you wriggle out of your contract because YOU made a bad investment.

leero788

I thought someone would say something like that. I understand what you mean. But if I fully explained the whole situation in 2 pages of text you would see why I am trying to get out of it...

The company basically changed everything around as much as they could to screw me up, while still being within contract.. Did I think this would happen? No, but perhaps I should have expected the unexpected..

I am basically just trying to get out of the contract because the company has royally screwed me over to the point of im paying them to do nothing.

Hot Topic

You claim they screwed you over. That comes out as a typical excuse to back out of a contract. No one is going to say, "Okay. Do what you need to do" without substantial proof that they were wrong and you were right.

If you're due to pay them and you don't, don't bet money on getting away with it. No one who hasn't seen all the documents is going to tell you it's okay to enter into an agreement, then back out because of an, "Oh, by the way. They done me wrong" claim.

leero788

I get what your saying.. It was my dumbness for not analyzing it close enough I guess. Kind of sucks they can get away with what they did.

The point I was trying to learn is that they actually have lead way to sue me being from a country 5000+ miles away.

What stops me from claiming that I never signed the contract and have no idea what they are talking about?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I get what your saying.. It was my dumbness for not analyzing it close enough I guess. Kind of sucks they can get away with what they did.

The point I was trying to learn is that they actually have lead way to sue me being from a country 5000+ miles away.

What stops me from claiming that I never signed the contract and have no idea what they are talking about?
Your signature on the contract :rolleyes:

leero788

This is very true. I know I did.. But how does ANYONE else know I did?

Anyone can sign a random name and address on a contract.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is very true. I know I did.. But how does ANYONE else know I did?

Anyone can sign a random name and address on a contract.
When you are sued, do you intend to LIE? (That's perjury to the rest of us). If not, then your question is moot. If so, then just hope you don't get caught...and get off the high-horse,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">