• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eds67

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado

I have discovered an old contract concerning a farm I purchased 4 years ago (2007). The contract was between the former owners and the County where the property is located. The contract was a lease agreement with the County for approximately 10 yrs. from 1975 to 1985. The County leased the property to operate a municipal landfill. The County promised to operate the landfill in accordance to the Solid Waste Disposal Act in effect at that time. The County did breach that contract. (no question about that).
The Statute of limitations in Colorado for written contracts is 3 years.
My question is when does the 3 years start? Does it start in 1985 or does it start at the time of discovery which was about 6 months ago? In addition when the County quoted the Solid Waste Disposal Act, provisions in the Act, call for 30 yr. ground water monitoring. Does that make it a 30 year contract?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? coloradoWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">