• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

poss. of marijuana?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarahkatherine9

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I'm 17 years old and was recently charged with possession of marijuana and a curfew violation. When searching my car the cop found a few bags, a pill bottle with less than .1g in it, and a bowl with some ash and resin. I was cooperative and the cop allowed me to drive home but followed me and talked to my parents. I still have not recieved a court summons and I will be 18 in about 2 months. Also I have a clean record thus far. What can I expect? What should I do? I was told to get a lawyer and make it look like an ex- drug problem but to make it clear that I am currently under psychiatric care.

Also, I live in va beach, if that matters at all.

dave33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I'm 17 years old and was recently charged with possession of marijuana and a curfew violation. When searching my car the cop found a few bags, a pill bottle with less than .1g in it, and a bowl with some ash and resin. I was cooperative and the cop allowed me to drive home but followed me and talked to my parents. I still have not recieved a court summons and I will be 18 in about 2 months. Also I have a clean record thus far. What can I expect? What should I do? I was told to get a lawyer and make it look like an ex- drug problem but to make it clear that I am currently under psychiatric care.

Also, I live in va beach, if that matters at all.
Did you receive a ticket or any paperwork?

Whatever the case, you will just have to wait. See what you get in the mail
(if anything) and go from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">