• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automobile Airconditioning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tpagrl77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

In July of 2009 I needed to replace the airconditioning for my 2002 Honda CRV. Honda quoted me greater than $3000 and I checked around and chose Midas, who had done work of one kind or another for me since 1985.

They initially charged me $2000 to replace the system, but after 6 total trips to them to get the job done right (includes 2 trips back from Key West in July - 7 hours each time - with no airconditioning), and charging me an aditional $800, things seemed to be running well.

October 2010 - Serpentine belt snapped out of no where and was told AGAIN by Honda that it was the compressor and the airconditioning system failed because of debris in the system.

While the AC system was technically out of the 12 month warranty, I insisted that complete failure of the system should be taken into consideration especially since it took 6 tries for them to get it right the first time. The compromise cost me another $800.

In December I took my vehicle back for them to install one last part that they had to order in and they found the compressor bad and put in yet a third compressor.

In January my brand new battery did abruptly. Honda replaced it. 15 days later a repeat. 2 days later a repeat. Honda (without my prompting) found the real cause was that the alternator had not been re-connected properly (they could tell work had been done and other than the A/C have everything else done at Honda - which is VERY minor) as a bolt was loose and several wires lose or not connected at all. My cost $280.00. In addition, they diagnosed that my A/C was not cooling properly.

I am cranking the air to just get a bit of cool in the heat of the day. Not wanting Midas to touch my vehicle again, I took it to AAmco who reported a blockage and wants to charge me $128 to free the line and then check for other damage.

Over all, not incuding my time and extra gas it takes to run the A/C, I still have a faulty system.

I do NOT intend to take it back to Midas, but need to sue to get my money returned so that I can have the A/C replaced by Honda. My car only has 150,000 miles on it and will go for another 100,000 as everything else is in perfect condition (this is the opionion of my Honda mechanic).

I have all my documentation. I keep very good records. I do not have the money for a lawyer, but am very legal savy having worked for several lawyers in the past.

How would you suggest I proceed?

Thank you.

tpagrl77

The FIRST AC system was installed by Midas in July of 2009. It was completely replaced (at my cost) in October of 2010 carrying full warranty. A third compressor was installed in December of 2010 carrying a full warranty.

It is not out of warranty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">