• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Possession of Alchohol - Need Advice Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agdouble4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I was recently at a party. I left the party with my friend without any red cup, beer etc in my hands. My friend also had nothing in her hands. I walked down a set of stairs nearby, then talked to my friend for a second as to where we should get a cab. During this time we never stumbled/showed any signs of being drunk. We decided to get a cab at a gas station about a 100 feet away. Right before we were about to go walk over to the gas station to get the cab, a police officer pulled up and started questioning me. He said he saw me recently outside the house where i was and thought i was "waiting for him to leave so i could walk home." (gave me a hypothetical situation of what i was thinking). This is complete bs, and i was never outside the party until i left and walked to get the cab with my friend.
He proceeded to ask if i was drinking, and i said i have had a beer or two. He wrote me an underage drinking ticket, and my friend started crying and she got nothing. She wasnt even asked if she'd been drinking.

The cop seems to have no right to stop me and question me. Also, does the fact that my friend was not charged with anything help me?

The ticket says underage possession of alchohol and my court date is next week. What should I do?

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I was recently at a party. I left the party with my friend without any red cup, beer etc in my hands. My friend also had nothing in her hands. I walked down a set of stairs nearby, then talked to my friend for a second as to where we should get a cab. During this time we never stumbled/showed any signs of being drunk. We decided to get a cab at a gas station about a 100 feet away. Right before we were about to go walk over to the gas station to get the cab, a police officer pulled up and started questioning me. He said he saw me recently outside the house where i was and thought i was "waiting for him to leave so i could walk home." (gave me a hypothetical situation of what i was thinking). This is complete bs, and i was never outside the party until i left and walked to get the cab with my friend.
He proceeded to ask if i was drinking, and i said i have had a beer or two. He wrote me an underage drinking ticket, and my friend started crying and she got nothing. She wasnt even asked if she'd been drinking.

The cop seems to have no right to stop me and question me. Also, does the fact that my friend was not charged with anything help me?

The ticket says underage possession of alchohol and my court date is next week. What should I do?

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why didn't the officer have any right to stop and question you? Do you have some form of diplomatic immunity?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">