• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husbands growing weed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldwin060903

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My husbands been lying to me since we've been together, but all well I'm concerened with what he's doing now. He said he's going to get his MML license but hasn't although he already started growing the **** in my basement. I hate it. What I want to know is if he gets caught can i get in trouble? I don't want it, and really don't want him but I'm stuck and don't want to get in trouble if he gets caught.

Question 2.

In my state can I incriminate my husband? Like can i go to the cops and say, my husband is driving with drugs and my son all the time?

Thanks!

Philxxxx

Well, since you know you would be an accomplice ...

Yes you can call the police ... your choice.

For better or worse??

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My husbands been lying to me since we've been together, but all well I'm concerened with what he's doing now. He said he's going to get his MML license but hasn't although he already started growing the **** in my basement. I hate it. What I want to know is if he gets caught can i get in trouble? I don't want it, and really don't want him but I'm stuck and don't want to get in trouble if he gets caught.

Question 2.

In my state can I incriminate my husband? Like can i go to the cops and say, my husband is driving with drugs and my son all the time?

Thanks!
If you and your husband live under the same roof, YOU can be held just as responsible for the possession of illegal substances with intent to sell. Especially if you knew about it and didn't do anything about it. And MOST especially if it is done with a minor child in the house.

It appears that according to MCL Section 600.2162 (Michigan Legislature - Section 600.2162), a spouse may be a witness against the other spouse in a criminal investigation, but they cannot be FORCED to do so without their consent.

If you can't convince your husband to get rid of the drugs, and if he is putting your son in danger by carrying drugs in the car when he is driving him around, then I would say there is a moral obligation to report him and let him pay the price. Better that, than having the cops raid your home, find the drugs, cart you BOTH off to jail, and take your son into custody for placement in a foster home while you both serve your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">