• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail Purchase Agreement(an obligation)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeremy84

Florida

I am wondering that if a retail purchase agreement is signed at an automobile dealership does that mean that the buyer HAS to buy that particular vehicle or is obligated ot buy the vehicle listed on the agreement? Or is it just an agreement between the buyer and seller to make sure both parties understand what is being sold and at what price?

In other words, is the purchase agreement in this case something the seller can back out of?

Last edited:

Antigone*

Florida

I am wondering that if a retail purchase agreement is signed at an automobile dealership does that mean that the buyer HAS to buy that particular vehicle or is obligated ot buy the vehicle listed on the agreement? Or is it just an agreement between the buyer and seller to make sure both parties understand what is being sold and at what price?

In other words, is the purchase agreement in this case something the seller can back out of?
It is for a particular car. The car's VIN number will be on the agreement.

Is the seller backing out, if so what is their reason.

Mass_Shyster

It's hard to tell without reading the agreement, but if the agreement has been signed, it sure sounds to me like the people signing it have agreed to do something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">