• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

idk if i need to worry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Farmertron

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

my stepdad came up to me saying that the police had approached him while he was at a bar with the mayor and city officials saying there trying to bust me with assist in sales when the only thing ive done is pass numbers around when someone asks me to sell them somethen i say no n give a number do they have a case?

cyjeff

You knowingly facilitated illegal transactions.

Yes, you should be worried. Somehow, you have created a fiction that acting as a middle man does not make you guilty.

You are wrong.

Farmertron

not if the number i gave wasent a dealer if it simply was someone i knew that would know more about finding a dealer then i did

cyjeff

not if the number i gave wasent a dealer if it simply was someone i knew that would know more about finding a dealer then i did
Again, if you were helping to facilitate an illegal action, you can be seen as a party to that action.

Farmertron

oh i see how serious would that charge be? n the only proof ive ever done this is someone told on me and i have no previous charges

dave33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

my stepdad came up to me saying that the police had approached him while he was at a bar with the mayor and city officials saying there trying to bust me with assist in sales when the only thing ive done is pass numbers around when someone asks me to sell them somethen i say no n give a number do they have a case?
Who the heck knows? There is no way to tell what kind of a case has been put together (if any).

One thing you do know. That is either the police are wise to your activity
or your stepfather disapproves so much he is willing to make up a story.

CdwJava

If charged with sales, and you could be, then it can be a felony punishable by up to four years in the state prison and/or a fine.

CdwJava

thnx i hope it doesent come to that n sales? i nvr hangeled a drug nor accepted money from it or for it
By facilitating in the distribution you might be considered a conspirator in the sales or transportation of the drugs. They could charge you as a principal in the crime even if you have never seen a penny. It is also illegal to give away drugs - it is essentially the same offense as selling it.

If people are asking you, they think you know where to find it. You really want to be that guy that everyone thinks is hanging dealers or using dope himself?

You may also be seen by the cops as the weak link in the supply chain ... you may seem to be a good guy to hit up to roll on the guys that are actually slinging it.

Farmertron

i used to be addicted and in the game now im a different person but people still ask me like im selling myself and i see ill stop given numbers out then n well if they confront me ill have to deal with it then thank you

dave33

i used to be addicted and in the game now im a different person but people still ask me like im selling myself and i see ill stop given numbers out then n well if they confront me ill have to deal with it then thank you
Not preaching here, just wanna throw this out there......

Not using is more than just not using. Besides the obvious of not doing drugs
anymore, you must also change your lifestyle. You may not see the relation,
but doing things you know you are not supposed to can result in you using
again. Be careful !!! goodluck.

CdwJava

thank you its just the same people i'm still around people i shouldent be around
One of the fundamental tenets of recovery is that you avoid those who use drugs. If you know their numbers, their names, and that they still use or sling poison, you need to get far away from them.

You will never succeed in recovery if you continue to keep even one toe in that old world.

From a discussion on Step One (p. 22 of the NA handbook):

"We have found that we had no choice except to completely change our old ways of thinking or go back to using. ... We become willing to do whatever is necessary to stay clean, even the things we do not like doing."

You will lose the struggle if you do not heed this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">