• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I be signing forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gware47

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I have a self insured claim open and have not recieved anything for it, it is a back injury that happened at work, the IME is trying to say it is the old injury but an MRI has showed different and a surgeon has said I need surgery, now my lawyer says that I should just close the claim and that I need to come in Monday and sign forms to close it, what should I do? He also never gave me a copy of the contract I signed with him and he just calls to tell me when court dates are rather than send me anything?

Go in and get the forms, take them home & consider if you wish to sign them.

Ask him for a copy of your contract & wait for it.

If you are not happy with what he presented for you to sign then you can seek out another attny's advice & see if your first attny is actually giving you good advice or if there are other better options available.

I don't see anything wrong with him calling you about court dates .. heck, some attnys don't do even this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">