• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug court dropout.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigdaddybubble@

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oh charged in FL

Ok so I had a warrant issued for my arrest (Florida only) in 2006. I was in the drug court program and moved to Ohio. The treatment center that I went to up Here was horizon services. What I did not know was that horizon services was reporting nothing to the courts in Florida. After about 3 months horizon services told me we believe You have no reason to be here, you do not have a drug problem and graduated me. At the time I believed this meant I was done with drug court until I realized I had a warrant out for my arrest because nothing was reported. When I called the court they said I would have to make an appearance and I was and am afraid to do so as I now have a family and can not do any jail time. What should I do? I took a bit of initiative today and emailed the judge and called the court and left a message. I cannot go down there nor can I afford a lawyer.

dave33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oh charged in FL

Ok so I had a warrant issued for my arrest (Florida only) in 2006. I was in the drug court program and moved to Ohio. The treatment center that I went to up Here was horizon services. What I did not know was that horizon services was reporting nothing to the courts in Florida. After about 3 months horizon services told me we believe You have no reason to be here, you do not have a drug problem and graduated me. At the time I believed this meant I was done with drug court until I realized I had a warrant out for my arrest because nothing was reported. When I called the court they said I would have to make an appearance and I was and am afraid to do so as I now have a family and can not do any jail time. What should I do? I took a bit of initiative today and emailed the judge and called the court and left a message. I cannot go down there nor can I afford a lawyer.
You need to get a copy of the graduation certificate and submit that to the
drug court yourself. You will have to make an appearance in court to resolve
the warrant issue.

Emailing the judge and leaving messages will do you no good.

Since this issue has been to court there must be an attorney of record for this
case. Contact them. goodluck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">