• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verizon internet misrepresentation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mingdurga

verizon

I've heard that before but without some more facts, there isn't anything I can say about it.
NYC. Quit my internet service 3 months ago. Verizon charging $100 early termination fee. For past 3 years been getting less than 1 mbps when their promos and literature promised 1.5 to 3 mbps. They should refunding money to me for false claims in ads.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
NYC. Quit my internet service 3 months ago. Verizon charging $100 early termination fee. For past 3 years been getting less than 1 mbps when their promos and literature promised 1.5 to 3 mbps. They should refunding money to me for false claims in ads.
You DID see the disclaimer that advertised speeds may not be available in all areas, right?

justalayman

Guarantee? You might want to check that to be sure. While not impossible, I haven't seen too many guarantees with any of the internet providers.

Then, how many times have you requested maintenance on you line in the last 3 years? How many times have they had a service technician at your residence and observed slow speeds? What actions were taken to correct?

If you can support a claim of first, a guaranteed speed and then, you had requested service due to the slow speeds and they could not correct the problem, you would have a reasonable argument to them breaching their contract and as such, give you valid justification for terminating the contract without penalty.

so, guarantee? Please find it on the internet and provide a link
hopefully you can document at least some of the visits to attempt to remedy the situation.

If you don't have an actual guarantee or you never called them about the issue, you owe the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">