• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is a State's Witness List?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HVA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

State of Florida.

Can I possibly be called as a witness if I was in the vehicle during the driver's arrest but was let go? I am concerned. Thanking the legal experts in advance.

HVA

:confused:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

State of Florida.

Can I possibly be called as a witness if I was in the vehicle during the driver's arrest but was let go? I am concerned. Thanking the legal experts in advance.

HVA

:confused:
Yes you can be called as a witness.

HVA

Yes you can be called as a witness.
Here is another question. Since I am not in communication with the defendant and his attorney, how will I be contacted to appear in court? Will this be on record and will this effect my background check in any way shape or form? Thanks again in advance for any and all legal advice.

HVA

FlyingRon

Here is another question. Since I am not in communication with the defendant and his attorney, how will I be contacted to appear in court? Will this be on record and will this effect my background check in any way shape or form? Thanks again in advance for any and all legal advice.

HVA
You'll most likely be served with a subpoena. Someone will either personally serve it to you or you'll find it taped to your front door. It won't have any effect on background checks (unless you fail to appear).

HVA

You'll most likely be served with a subpoena. Someone will either personally serve it to you or you'll find it taped to your front door. It won't have any effect on background checks (unless you fail to appear).
How do the process servers know which one is my current address?

justalayman

How do the process servers know which one is my current address?
they will put all of them on cards and lay them out and go "eenie, meenie, minie, mo"

did you give them your correct address? Do you have a drivers license?

HVA

they will put all of them on cards and lay them out and go "eenie, meenie, minie, mo"

did you give them your correct address? Do you have a drivers license?

No need for sarcasm. I am not the criminal here, and am asking important questions regarding my legal rights, since no one is guilty by association.

Thank you for the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">