• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lets try this again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris631

What is the name of your state (only UWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
OK i have a 2 yr old child the child's mother has LONG criminal history and i now know mental problems to .Any way one night in my driveway with our child in the car after saying i wanted a parenting plan she ran me over with the car the police where called etc.Well it took 3 months for her to get caught shes in prison for the fourth time she got 49 months.she still had our child when she was Finlay picked up.

She had her mother get our child i was never told anything i found out on my own. So i called them and they didnt answer so after a few days i was just going to drive up there the grand parents live about 65 miles from my house.Then i got a call from a guy from DHS asking me questions like do i have a drug history and i dont i have no record at all .He says the grand parents have a voice mail form there daughters phone he would like to clear up with me so i said OK.He then says i say on the voice mail that i made two batches he wants to know batches of what?This was on a Thursday afternoon i say i would have to here the voice mail he said the grand mother forwarded him a copy of it and it sounds to him like im talking about cooking METH i say thats crazy.The next day on Friday after five pm he calls and says there going to be a shelter hearing in Newport (100 miles from my house) at 8am Monday morning.

Well surprise i made hearing on time my court appointed lawyer gave me about Min's before the hearing with him.He commented on the voice mail and court went in session so that was are meeting.The next thing i know im on the stand and they play this garbled recording in court .I wasn't going to say anything anyway but my lawyer said my client wishes to invoke his 5th amendment right.Well the judge didnt care for that and said it sounds like I have a drug problem and my child became a ward of the court.

1. i have no record
2.i never say the word meth or any other drug on recording
3.grand parents are made relative foster care
4.16 months later i now have costody of my child
5.im on my RD lawyer i have spent LOTS of my money and time and many other things
6.A year of my life and my daughters spent in turmoil and stress.S. law)?

Proserpina

1. Why did you delete your other thread?

2. What do you wish to accomplish?

(Seriously - the responders here generally don't appreciate posters who delete their threads)

chris631

because it was so badly done i thought it might be confuseing And i would like damages this has been a nightmare

Proserpina

because it was so badly done i thought it might be confuseing And i would like damages this has been a nightmare

You need to articulate what you think your attorney did wrong.

So far, all I'm seeing is a messy custody case which ended up with you eventually getting custody.

And that begs the second question - what are your damages?

chris631

Well i think you have the right ask for some time to review evidence .If you can call it that.And my current lawyer who was a family court judge for 10 years commented that i should sue and the fact i did nothing wrong and there was no ongoing coutody issue.And i was hoping you people might notice something.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Well i think you have the right ask for some time to review evidence .If you can call it that.And my current lawyer who was a family court judge for 10 years commented that i should sue and the fact i did nothing wrong and there was no ongoing coutody issue.And i was hoping you people might notice something.

...and nobody here has reviewed the case.

Really - we can't guess at what happened.

Why isn't your current attorney answering your questions?

chris631

Im the father of the child im on the birth certificate .That really is the only evidence they had .I dont think it should have been a case.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Shelter care hearings are based strictly on PROBABLE CAUSE and require a very little amount of proof. Quite frankly there is the assumption that everything in the complaint is TRUE and therefore the court looks at whether with everything in the complaint being true whether the child should be removed from their parents or could be returned.
Shelter care hearings also need to be held within a VERY small amount of time (think 72 hours from when the child is removed or the next business day -- whichever is soonest).

Hot Topic

I'm still stuck on the part where he claims the child's mother ran him over. The child was in the car at the time.

chris631

yes she ran me over with here car .Shes now in prison for 49 months this happend before the shelter hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">