• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$2,500 Dell laptop is faulty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

This was sold to me in the state of Texas.

I started college as an architecture major which required a specific type of graphics card (an Nvidia Quadro).

Well four years after I bought my laptop there is a huge Nvida Settlement where it is made clear that Nvidia sold faulty graphics cards.

So a year later after the case is settled it has now been five years and my computer that is now already outdated, not to mention faulty, is finally going to get a graphics card that works.

My only question is the laptop was paid for on an American Express card, can I just send the laptop back to Dell and have AMEX refund the money on this abomination of a computer?

justalayman

if AMEX offers you some sort of warranty on purchases made with an AMEX account, that is something you need to discuss with them. I suspect that since it is being repaired, AMEX would refuse to claim anyway. If you were having problems with your computer, you should have made a claim with AMEX long ago.

I suspect you will end up with an old Dell computer with a new Nvidea graphics card.

but I think this post is just trolling anyway. I pretty sure Dell didn't make a computer worth $2500 5 years ago.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You could have added this to your other related thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/dangerous-defective-products-17/faulty-dell-laptop-546565.html

sandyclaus

This was sold to me in the state of Texas.

I started college as an architecture major which required a specific type of graphics card (an Nvidia Quadro).

Well four years after I bought my laptop there is a huge Nvida Settlement where it is made clear that Nvidia sold faulty graphics cards.

So a year later after the case is settled it has now been five years and my computer that is now already outdated, not to mention faulty, is finally going to get a graphics card that works.

My only question is the laptop was paid for on an American Express card, can I just send the laptop back to Dell and have AMEX refund the money on this abomination of a computer?
What makes you think you are entitled to the full purchase price of your computer when the only problem with it was the faulty graphics card?

You are getting a new graphics card to replace the defective one for free. You kept and used the computer for the last 5 years. It's not Dell's fault that you now have an outdated computer.

tranquility

No. Not only is the statute run, but also, unless you opted out of the class action, your rights were tied to the class.

(I happen to like having another computer around because of the settlement. Your mileage may vary.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">