• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sterling431

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sterling431

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia. I removed asbestos siding from a rental property. The tenant is now threatening to sue me for asbestos exposure. I disagree there was any exposure at all to the tenants. Should I involve my Insurance Co before I receive a formal lawsuit in the mail, or wait? What other considerations are there? thx Sterling431

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia. I removed asbestos siding from a rental property. The tenant is now threatening to sue me for asbestos exposure. I disagree there was any exposure at all to the tenants. Should I involve my Insurance Co before I receive a formal lawsuit in the mail, or wait? What other considerations are there? thx Sterling431
Wait until you actually get sued. It may never happen.

CJane

Provide the tenant with a tinfoil hat, and then wait for a lawsuit to be filed.

Removal of non-friable asbestos (such as in siding/roofing materials) poses little to no hazard to the health of anyone at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">