• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful repossession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michael greene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas: On feb 25,2011 my wife and i went to metrocrest motors where we met mr.elbert yang about purchasing a vehicle. he showed us a 1997 pontiac grandprix he had for 2,500 cash plus TTL, which the total balance came to be 2,830.05. we explained to mr.yang that i was out of work and all we had was 2,000 cash. he said that we could pay the 830.05 in weekly installments of 50.00, with no finance charges or tax,so we agreed. upon test driving the car i noticed the service engine light was on and that could be a problem upon inspection time. when we returned to mr.yang i questioned him about it and explained that we could'nt afford to pay a note and cover maintenance costs. he told us that if we had any problems to give him a call and we'd work something out to resolve the problem. on march 28th we called mr.yang and changed our payments from weekly to bi-weekly to prepare for the inspection which was due in april, that moved my payment date to april 9th. On the 2nd of april i took the car to be inspected and was told that the car would'nt pass as long as the service engine light activated, the guy went on to say that the problem could be a simple oil change and tuneup. To get the work done i would have had to use the car payment,so i called mr.yang as agreed and he was out so i left a message for him to contact me,he did not. I called again april 9th and he was with a client, i left another message,again he did not return my call. on the 11th of april i was stopped twice by the police and was given a warning. on the 14th of april i had the work done,but the problem was still there so now the car has to be sent to a repair shop. The cost would be 295.00 i would have to give 150.00 up front. the next payment was due on april 23rd,but i'd again would have to use it to get the car repaired. I called mr.yang again this time he was at the auction, so a message was left with the receptionist for him to contact me,i called again about an hour and a half later and he still was'nt in. by this time i'm starting to panic because i really need this car,but i also need it to be legal. On about the 24th of april i got a phone call from a mr.heath shields about the problems that i was having and he told me to bring the in to him and he'd get it inspected, which was a great relief. I took the car in on april 29th, i also had the money to cover my car note,past and present plus the inspection which came to a total of 250.00. I met with mr.matias hodges, which i never knew his true role with the company,from day one all he ever said was he was just there to help out. me and mr.hodges sat in his office for an hour,give or take, waiting for mr.shields who was with a client. mr.hodges replied, oh,you're just here for an inspection,i can take the car down for that,but instead he had the car repoed. when he returned to me it was like he was upset with me and he went on to explain how he was'nt just there to help,but that he was part owner of the company and how he had the right to repo the car.he accused me of giving false information on where i live,my employment status and accused me of running and trying to hide the car. i feel that i've been rippedoff,what can i do or do i have a case?:confused:

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas: On feb 25,2011 my wife and i went to metrocrest motors where we met mr.elbert yang about purchasing a vehicle. he showed us a 1997 pontiac grandprix he had for 2,500 cash plus TTL, which the total balance came to be 2,830.05. we explained to mr.yang that i was out of work and all we had was 2,000 cash. he said that we could pay the 830.05 in weekly installments of 50.00, with no finance charges or tax,so we agreed. upon test driving the car i noticed the service engine light was on and that could be a problem upon inspection time. when we returned to mr.yang i questioned him about it and explained that we could'nt afford to pay a note and cover maintenance costs. he told us that if we had any problems to give him a call and we'd work something out to resolve the problem. on march 28th we called mr.yang and changed our payments from weekly to bi-weekly to prepare for the inspection which was due in april, that moved my payment date to april 9th. On the 2nd of april i took the car to be inspected and was told that the car would'nt pass as long as the service engine light activated, the guy went on to say that the problem could be a simple oil change and tuneup. To get the work done i would have had to use the car payment,so i called mr.yang as agreed and he was out so i left a message for him to contact me,he did not. I called again april 9th and he was with a client, i left another message,again he did not return my call. on the 11th of april i was stopped twice by the police and was given a warning. on the 14th of april i had the work done,but the problem was still there so now the car has to be sent to a repair shop. The cost would be 295.00 i would have to give 150.00 up front. the next payment was due on april 23rd,but i'd again would have to use it to get the car repaired. I called mr.yang again this time he was at the auction, so a message was left with the receptionist for him to contact me,i called again about an hour and a half later and he still was'nt in. by this time i'm starting to panic because i really need this car,but i also need it to be legal. On about the 24th of april i got a phone call from a mr.heath shields about the problems that i was having and he told me to bring the in to him and he'd get it inspected, which was a great relief. I took the car in on april 29th, i also had the money to cover my car note,past and present plus the inspection which came to a total of 250.00. I met with mr.matias hodges, which i never knew his true role with the company,from day one all he ever said was he was just there to help out. me and mr.hodges sat in his office for an hour,give or take, waiting for mr.shields who was with a client. mr.hodges replied, oh,you're just here for an inspection,i can take the car down for that,but instead he had the car repoed. when he returned to me it was like he was upset with me and he went on to explain how he was'nt just there to help,but that he was part owner of the company and how he had the right to repo the car.he accused me of giving false information on where i live,my employment status and accused me of running and trying to hide the car. i feel that i've been rippedoff,what can i do or do i have a case?:confused:

The real mystery is, why were you buying a car when you didn't have the money to pay for one? Why weren't you suspicious of getting such a good deal, and why didn't you get things in writing?

Suggest you remove the company name and names of people you dealt with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">