• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with a purchase order / contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dacosfr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I went to the garment district in Los Angeles to buy my daughter a gown for her sweet sixteen birthday in mid-January. We saw a dress up on the rafters that my daughter sort of liked. We ordered a gown, which we thought and expressly asked that it be a new gown, with many little bells and whistles. Around 4 weeks later, we went to the boutique to look at the dress for a fitting. We noticed that the dress we were being sold was the dress that had been up on the rafters. There were scuffs & small tears on the bottom material, which was on the dress they were trying to sell us. I specifically asked if they were trying to sell me the dress that was up on the rafters, and they lied to me & said that it was a brand new dress. Now, I really hate being lied to, so I told the clerk that I wanted to cancel my order & that I wanted a refund to my credit card (I paid down half in mid-January). They told me no & then slyly said "see you in small claims court". I went home, called my credit card company and disputed the charge. My bank said they would take care of it, and I assumed that was that! Was I wrong. I just got a letter back from my bank pretty much saying that they were siding with the business. I was floored. Is there anything I can do to recoup my money?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I went to the garment district in Los Angeles to buy my daughter a gown for her sweet sixteen birthday in mid-January. We saw a dress up on the rafters that my daughter sort of liked. We ordered a gown, which we thought and expressly asked that it be a new gown, with many little bells and whistles. Around 4 weeks later, we went to the boutique to look at the dress for a fitting. We noticed that the dress we were being sold was the dress that had been up on the rafters. There were scuffs & small tears on the bottom material, which was on the dress they were trying to sell us. I specifically asked if they were trying to sell me the dress that was up on the rafters, and they lied to me & said that it was a brand new dress. Now, I really hate being lied to, so I told the clerk that I wanted to cancel my order & that I wanted a refund to my credit card (I paid down half in mid-January). They told me no & then slyly said "see you in small claims court". I went home, called my credit card company and disputed the charge. My bank said they would take care of it, and I assumed that was that! Was I wrong. I just got a letter back from my bank pretty much saying that they were siding with the business. I was floored. Is there anything I can do to recoup my money?
They TOLD you what to do. Take them to small claims court.

But, keep in mind that, if the dress in the rafters had never been sold, then it still was a "new" dress.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">