• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injured on the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keith e. williams

i work and live in ohio , i was injured in 1999 by the neglagence of a coworker and faulty machinery .he disconected the air line to the machine that we were preparing to move which caused the dropchute that is attached to it to fall and hit me in the back of the helmet causing major muscle,nerve and legament damage , i was off work for 15 months just returning to work in august 2000 . it was ok'ed by workers comp and have just recently started receiving payment.

my question is can i sue the company and the coworker for having caused the accident.
1) the company knew there was a problem with the machine and did nothing about it to keep this from happenning other than having a notice in the computer procedure that it may fall if the air line is disconected, (like installing a chain to prevent the dropchute from falling ,which is what they did after my accident), this should have been done when the it was found to be a problem,to me this was neglegence on there part.
2) the coworker that caused the accident should have checked that area and notified anyone in the area to what he was about to do , is he liable for his actions.

i still suffer with the pain and the doctors say that i will have to learn to work through it and live with the pain.
ps.i had recently had an argument with the coworker that disconected the air line. and i have my suspicions about him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">