• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle worked on, did not authorize work, Do I owe them?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smitty81

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I live in Nebraska. I recently had some auto work done on a vehicle. I had verbally okayed specific work to be done on my vehicle. When I got the bill, I found out that they did some other work and charged me for parts and labor on the work I did not know about nor authorize.

They keep sending me bills and I have talked to them twice about it. I feel that I have paid for the ammount of work that has been authorized and they should cover the rest since I didn't ok the work.

The shop owner pretty much said that he took it upon himself to do the work and basically told me to pay the bill and go pound dirt. I made it VERY clear to them to call before they do any work to make sure it's ok.

What is my legal standing? I assume they can take me to small claims court and all but where do I stand on this?

I never signed anything to allow any work at all but i'm not so sure that matters in Nebraska.

They want me to pay the labor and they will pay for the parts but I still don't think it's right.

What do you think?

Isis1

Wow! I would have said "pay me for parts or bring them back to me" instead of "pay me for labor"!

KmanStuck

I would only pay for what I contracted (verbally or writtenly). I would write the company a letter stating that you paid all that you contracted out to be worked on and the "extra" work was not authorized nor desired.

Not knowing what they did , this post assumes that the extra work performed had no relationship to the work you authorized.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">