• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bait and Switch.....now I'm STUCK ?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beautyl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL

bought a car that was not as 'pictured' or agreed upon, but had to get it due to circumstances. Dealership did not 'adjust' the price of the car to equal the amount loss in the bait and switch, said they 'didn't have authority'.

Drove the car for 3 weeks, then had transmission issues. Dealership (that we bought it from) said there was no issue and the noise would 'go away' and adivsed us to drive the car home because it was fixed. 2 weeks later, same issue and the noise came back. they replaced the torque converter and said 'problem is NOW fixed'. Drove the car over 600miles on vacation, and on our way home the transmission gave out. Drove it to a near by dealership and they said water had gotten into the transmission because of a service bulliten issue that was not fixed when we had our car previously into the dealership. Had a rental for 2-3 weeks while getting fixed and in the mean time found out that the car had been 'traded-in' before because of transmission issues and they replaced transmission parts before.

Talked to the dealership and told them that it was an unsafe car to drive, not knowing what would break next since things were being over-looked in previous visits to their mechanic. Dealership told us not to worry that they would "Buy the car back" and we would not have to worry about it any more because this obviously was a car with a bad transmission and build job. We did EVERYTHING the dealership told us to do, and drove the car for 4 months with all of these issues arrising and missing work in the process to tend to the car.

Well here it is 2 months after the car had its last issue, and the car is still sitting in our driveway and the dealership has now said they can buy the car back, but not for the amount we owe. (we have only had the car for 5-6 months). And since our last phone call, they will not return our phone calls to get the information they requested last week to see how much they could afford to buy the car back on.

I feel stuck and I feel used by the dealership. They have not been help at all, and I want to know my legal options. I need help.

KmanStuck

Was it an as-is purchase? I don't know what circumstances required you to purchase this particular car ... sounds more like a case of buyers remorse.

beautyl

Was it an as-is purchase? I don't know what circumstances required you to purchase this particular car ... sounds more like a case of buyers remorse.

no we love the car. but feel it is a 'bad' build quality. 4 transmission sessions with the dealership and countless days missed of work. Dealership said they would buy the car back , and now won't return our phone calls. we would keep the car, but feel it is an unsafe car to drive not knowing when the transmission is going to break again, because we drive it for 2 weeks and it breaks, religiously.

it was a used car purchase with a remaining factory warranty and an extended warranty was purchased, but WE have been paying the deductibles.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
no we love the car. but feel it is a 'bad' build quality. 4 transmission sessions with the dealership and countless days missed of work. Dealership said they would buy the car back , and now won't return our phone calls. we would keep the car, but feel it is an unsafe car to drive not knowing when the transmission is going to break again, because we drive it for 2 weeks and it breaks, religiously.

it was a used car purchase with a remaining factory warranty and an extended warranty was purchased, but WE have been paying the deductibles.
If there is still a factory warranty on the car, then contact the manufacturer. Make it their problem to fix. They all have websites and customer service contact information on those sites.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">