• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sprint won't let me pay for ETF

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irishtorrent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

I ported my phone number from Sprint to Verizon 13 months before my contract was up. My Early Termination Fee (ETF) should have been the prorated amount of $130. I have called Sprint 4 times about my ETF and everyone is telling me I do not have an ETF except for one person who wrote me an email saying I owed $130 but no way to confirm or deny and no way to know where I send the payment. They have disabled my ability to see these details on my account page and they refuse to mail/email me something saying that I do not owe an ETF. I do not want to have to dig this up in a year when I am in collections.T hat is what I am reading all over blog sites about Sprint from customers that sound like this is a standard practice for Sprint. I saved the string from my conversation with Sprint that does state I owe nothing but I am getting yanked around for sure. I get a different answer every time I get a hold of them. What should I do? I have no way to know for sure since they are unwilling to send me any real documentation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Go to a corporate store and ask for a print out showing what you owe, if anything and if you owe nothing get a receipt stating that.

sandyclaus

Then put your request IN WRITING (send it CRR), stating clearly that if no response is received, then you will assume that there is no charge pending and will not be liable for the ETF.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">