• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breack New Car Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chintu

Need help to break the new car contract. I signed to buy a new car contract and I haven’t paid any money(down payment) to the dealer and I the car is with the dealer only (it is not delivered yet) and I haven’t provided any Bank account details or credit card details to dealer.

Is there any way to break the contract without paying any amount, since it’s been just 2 days I signed the contract and I called the dealer next day to for contract cancellation.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Need help to break the new car contract. I signed to buy a new car contract and I haven’t paid any money(down payment) to the dealer and I the car is with the dealer only (it is not delivered yet) and I haven’t provided any Bank account details or credit card details to dealer.

Is there any way to break the contract without paying any amount, since it’s been just 2 days I signed the contract and I called the dealer next day to for contract cancellation.

Sorry - US Law Only.

Antigone*

What is the name of your State?

A couple things: The number of days doesn't matter. No matter what State you are in there is no three-day right of recission.

However, since consideration has not been given on either side, I'd find the dealership would be in a tough position holding you to this contract.

Antigone*

I'm in california
You have not taken delivery of the vehicle, nor has the dealership received any money. You had a meeting of the minds (evidence of that is the signed contract) BUT there was no consideration.

I used to sell cars many years ago, and as salespeople we used to be on pins and needles until the front tires of that car went passed the curb.

If you don't want the car, tell the dealership to keep their worthless piece of paper and their car.

chintu

@Antigone:

Is there any possibility for the dealer to take any legal action against me. I called him and told that I lost my job and he asked me to provide the document tht I lost the job, and I requested my employeer to fax him the letter saying that I lost my job and he did.

Does the dealer has any right to take legal action against me ?

Please advice.

Antigone*

@Antigone:

Is there any possibility for the dealer to take any legal action against me. I called him and told that I lost my job and he asked me to provide the document tht I lost the job, and I requested my employeer to fax him the letter saying that I lost my job and he did.

Does the dealer has any right to take legal action against me ?

Please advice.
They wouldn't waste their time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">