• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reopening a business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corbus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI
I closed a business and now I want to open it again.
The business was closed several months ago
If I reopen the business in the same company name will I have an issue with former partners having legal ground to sue me?
We all agreed to dissolve the company and filed the proper paperwork with an attorneys help.
Thanks for your time

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI
I closed a business and now I want to open it again.
The business was closed several months ago
If I reopen the business in the same company name will I have an issue with former partners having legal ground to sue me?
We all agreed to dissolve the company and filed the proper paperwork with an attorneys help.
Thanks for your time
Do you have a dissolution agreement? If so, what does your dissolution agreement say regarding restarting the company? Why would your partners want to sue you?

I assume the company dissolved because things were not going well? Why do you want to open under the same name?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">