• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i give financial advice without certification to companies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dedad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey (where business is registered), New York (where i currently live).

Basically I have customers who asked me to review their business financials and make recommendations to save them money. If this works out i would like to try to advertise it as one of my services.

My experience is running a marketing company so everything i know about finance is either self taught or what i learned in the few finance classes i took in college.

So question is can i do this without having any special certification? I know in some professions it's allowed but in others like law or medical field it's not...

What i will do is review their business expenses and
1) Offer them alternative companies/service providers that could handle the same services cheaper.
2) Show them how to outsource their services/work and thus save money.
3) Recommend to them which of their business expenses they can eliminate.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">